Monday, July 9, 2012

All Pursuits Worthwhile: Harvest



The emotions come and go, like all things do, like waves do.  I get sucked in with the tide and roll around in the washing machine, powerless, accepting the inevitable present to always exist.  I think I have found the equation that causes this.  There are unknown variables, but I have this much figured out.  I know which side of the equal sign I am on.  I know there are factors beyond my choosing on the other, and I know that the order that they occur in does not matter.   They happen when all points tell me you are not here, and won’t be here with me.  This is always so.  I am trying to learn to live with this in the best of ways, not just the ways that motivate me to do everything but think of you.  I am coming along - I have learned to sleep without music.

Always the mock up
The dry erase board in my mind
Lava tube space creator

Maui feels progressively more unreal in each trip.  Unreal as an expression, let us not to forget to play the Language Game.  I am coming back though in a different mindset than I’ve ever been.  Driven, purposeful, open, aware of the timely bookends of my trip.  Knowing each day, each hour, would be better spent not wasted.  I have been harvesting minimal hours of sleep, wanting to experience all time in the waking life.  Finding myself at times exhausted, but not like I am stretching myself.  The coconut trees ripe with the alkalized sweet coconut water are just a bamboo pole and a jut away.  It keeps me going, as does this.

The fruit trees that I dream of when I am not here.  
The intensity of fresh produce.
Adding Galangal (Blue ginger), Lemongrass, Cilantro
All fresh from the garden
Into a Mahi-Mahi Green Curry.
The fish two feet long and caught yesterday by friends.
Eating together, 10 of us, with food for more, how beautiful.
Making dough for bagels
Boiling them adding herbs and spices, onion and garlic,
And cooking them in a clay wood-fired oven
Warm from last night’s Pizza Show.
Dessert Apple Pie special, caramelized apples and pecans,
Cream cheese frosting
Dance parties breaking out both nights,
Conversations erupting into growth
Personally and communally
Rudolph Snerby, Al Town’s painted car,
The Salvador Dali Melting Pizzas
At the entrance to the driveway 

Picked up at the airport by an old friend and immediate new friends.  Sushi happy hour, 1.75 J-Mo polished, midnight ocean swim, Kahului hotel, Saver’s for breakfast, Hana Hwy meditation at Chicken Kitty Park, completion of two year old landscaping projects, backgammon games, Bunny ears jump,  cave pools dive in, all wonderful people and faces and trees that I dream of in the night while away.  Here I am.  It’s quite overwhelming. 

Take it all in
knowledge, emotions, intellect,
instinct, animal drive, smiles
Give it all back
Every soul
Benefits from each other’s
Powerfully
Do everything
While allowing Everything to happen
Receive it all
With extreme
Simplicity

Some of my good friend’s favorite songs that he shared with me and I want to share with you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVGgGW1ZalY&feature=relmfu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZYbEL06lEU

It has been three days.  I want to share this all with you because it is too much to take in alone.  

Aloha.

No comments:

Post a Comment