Thursday, January 27, 2011

All Pursuits Worthwhile

Hope you enjoy reading the blog, I've come a long way since my last one entitled 'Kryptonite Condom.' I arrive back on the web scene coming from an extraordinary transition in my life.  Leaving the Mojave desert just a week ago on a Mormon Farm, I find myself back on Maui on a Permaculture Farm astutely titled 'Rancho Relaxzo.'

This blog will be a blend of journaling, both reflecting on my own experiences and my observations of others, defining my passions and sharing them (culinary and agriculture related, relating to children, backpacking, traveling), commenting on books/movie, a not-so-subtle plug for both WWOOFing and Permaculture, a place to both organize and expose my original writing for feedback, a pondering of all things related and unrelated, and another step towards finding all pursuits worthwhile.

--

It seems only fitting to explain the name of the blog as my first post.


The name.  It came to me.  Either walking, or sitting.  Probably on a rock. Seems to be the most common time for unintentional wisdom to pass through unnoticed. Hopefully to be recognized later that day, if not longer down the road.  I cherish that moment where a thought resonates with you on a deeper level.  As if you once met this strange thought through a mutual friend, and now you find yourself on more intimate terms with it and decide to go with the thought for a swim in deep blue waters.

Anything can resonate in such a way.  A view.  A quote.  A history lesson.  A postulation.  Everything comes from somewhere, including the beginning.  I wonder if we're on loop.  The cycle of life does work like that on a broad scheme, but it is natural for life to progress and evolve.  So if life is heading in a specific direction, I believe that there had to be a beginning, and not just a roundabout.  Something created the roundabout.

All Pursuits Worthwhile.   Interpret it as being rooted in eastern philosophy.  Question it - is it true? Our modern era receives top marks in skepticism and paranoia and doubting truth-claimers.  If all pursuits aren't worthwhile, which ones are and how do we prioritize the ones that play ball with us.

My thoughts on the matter?  Yes.

Jewish roots and buddhist wings.
Twain tongue and Bukowski panache.
Italian ciabatta and Cuban meat.

Complimenting, contrasting, progressing.
All pursuits are worthwhile because they lead somewhere.
And even if that somewhere is nowhere,
I'll see you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment